Friday, November 12, 2010

Oh No Nano

I had really good intentions. I brought my laptop on vacation. I thought I'd have a ton of time to write after everyone went to bed. But it's not working out that way.

First, the time change and jet lag had me all screwed up. Plus, I am still getting over a cold. Still, as in two weeks. So I'm not sleeping well when I do sleep. And my brain hurts from all the coughing I've been doing.

Second, the family's been staying up pretty late. By the time they all go to bed, I'm totally wiped out, too, and just find myself staring at my computer screen. Too tired to think.

Third, cold medicine gives me writer's block. The only reason I'm writing this is because the Sudafed wore off and I am up early at my sister's in New Orleans. The kiddo's with grandma in Florida. I'm sure everyone will else around here will be up shortly since I'm hacking up a lung out in the living room.

I've got another week of vacation, so I'm hoping I can get on track. Not sure how, though. But if I don't, I'm going to have about 47,000 words to write Thanksgiving week (during which time my father-in-law will be staying with us).

Why does NaNo have to be in November? Why couldn't it be NaFebWriMo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something. Anything.